Friday, July 13, 2012

Dress of the Week: Blue Carriage Dress

As a young lady of the world, I enjoy travel. But a journey could be arduous if one doesn't have the the right gown. Fortunately for me, today's Dress of the Week is perfect for my purposes.

Carriage Dress, Ackermann's Repository, June 1823
While this lady chose to travel by carriage, I will be taking a train. Still, one cannot go wrong with a comfortable blue dress with caped shoulders and frogging down the front. A pretty little gauze cap will help protect one's hair. And to avoid looking too dowdy, the cap can be decorated with flowers. And, of course, a quizzing glass is not just an accessory, it's a necessity. How else am I to admire the beautiful countryside swishing by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...